Monday, June 23, 2014

This is Just the Beginning

I recently started a new venture in photography that I'm really excited about. I posted ads on two Swap&Shop pages on facebook offering three free sessions (per post) and had an overwhelming response. I'm a little apprehensive, but also very excited to build my business!

My first free session was on Saturday, June 21st. I actually had three back-to-back free sessions that day and it was so much fun! I decided to do the photos at Royal Roads University, which is absolutely gorgeous, and I think it was very successful. My first session was with Kristine and her 3 month old son Jack. He was the cutest little baby with the best chubby cheeks!
His momma also had gorgeous green eyes to go with her red hair! It was any photographers dream, in my opinion. They were both a pleasure to work with. Jack was very relaxed and didn't even get upset! 



After Kristine and Jack was a family of four, including a 2.5 year old and a 6.5 month old. This was my first experience with a toddler and it was definitely an eye opener! Little Alexa has a mind of her own and was not up for having her pretty little face photographed, so we spent a lot of time wandering through the water (where she was happy).
It was a struggle to get her to sit long enough to get a good family photo, but I'm hoping the parents are happy with what they get! She was such a sweetheart, just not feeling the whole photographing thing and I totally get that. She also has the cutest little sister!


The last family of the day were also a blast! They're 20 month old son Rickard was quite entertaining and wasn't the least bit camera shy. He has two awesome, laid-back parents that I really bonded with. We had lots of fun exploring the grounds... Rickard wasn't too fond of the angel statue, though.


I guess the statue is a little creepy... sorry, dude! Of course, no photo session is complete without at least one little melt down... and boy, did he have the best melt down face! I hope his momma is okay with me sharing this one!

That pretty much sums up my first day of shooting! I took over 700 pictures and have 500 left to go through and edit. It's a daunting task, but I'm so excited to share these photos with the families. They will hopefully be great memories for years to come.

No comments: