Saturday, April 12, 2014

Boob Job? Sign Me Up!

My boobs used to be the perfect size... until I lost a bunch of weight. I went from being a voluptuous 36 C down to a 32 B and that was the start of the love/hate relationship I have with my boobs. I began to notice how weirdly shaped they were, mostly because of the loose skin, so I went on a mission to find the perfect bra. My boyfriend at the time would constantly tell me that I was being ridiculous and that my boobs were "fine", but I wasn't convinced. That's when I discovered the wonderful DOUBLE push-up bra! This bra did wonders for my sad, pathetic looking boobs and I vowed to never buy a normal bra again. I stuck true to that vow for a few years. I ended up owning seven double push-up bras and two double push-up bikinis... thank you, Victoria's Secret!
However, my relationship with my boobs took a huge detour when I found out that I was pregnant. This was the start of a whole new experience for me. My boobs started growing early on, but not too quickly. I ended up going from my 32 D double push-up bras to 34 D push-up, so not a huge leap, but I still felt self-concious. Honestly, I bought only push-up bras while I was pregnant. I had tried on a few regular bras, but I didn't like how my boobs looked in them. Now, as I write this, I realize how silly that sounds. I'm proud to say that I no longer wear my push-up bras, mostly because they can get super uncomfortable when my boobs are full of milk, but I also don't need them right now. For now.


There is a fear that I've developed... what are my boobs going to look like when I'm done breast feeding? Are they going to be worse than before? Will they go back down to 32B? Will I start buying double push-up bras again? Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to the day I stop producing milk. All of these questions could easily evaporate with one simple, common procedure... a boob job.

This is something that I had considered in the past, even got a few surgeon names, but choked on the fact that it would cost me $100 just to have a consultation with the "best of the best" in my city. I quickly gave up on that dream and continued on with my double push-up bras, but things have changed. Breastfeeding has already taken a toll on my already loose skinned boobs and I'm only four months in. I plan on breast feeding for quite awhile longer, so I can only imagine how much worse they could get in that time.

So, where is a single momma of one going to come up with $7,000-$8,000 dollars? I considered saving a little every month, but realized how selfish that was. The money that I was going to put aside is now being put into an RESP for my baby, but I'm not going to let go of my new dream of a beautiful set of fake boobies just yet!

My new goal is to go back to school, graduate, get a well paying job, and then save some extra, extra cash aside for my new boobs. I even considered taking the "new tits" jar idea from the movie Bad Teacher... too much? Maybe.

It's important to love your post-partum body, something I'm still learning to do on a daily basis, but I don't see the harm in getting a boob job. It's something I've wanted in the past and if I can afford it somewhere down the line, then why not? I deserve to feel sexy again!
                                                          

No comments: